Re: Standardized endpoint name for VISS (was: Re: Request to make the issue list for VISS)

Hi Gunnar,

I have to be careful not to overstate what I understand to be the groups
agreed intentions are based on what was discussed.

I'm not sure that I could go much further than make the following statement:

a) Because a vehicle will not typically have an IP address on the public
internet until it is assigned a dynamic one, e.g. by the MNO and because
this IP address could change e.g. as vehicle loses connectivity for a
period, and re-establishes it, our view was that the VIS Server should be
accessible from *in-vehicle clients* and we would not try to solve the
problem of providing reliable access from the public internet.

b) A vehicle network should be able to support multiple VIS Servers on that
network.

If anyone on the thread disagrees or would re-express the above, I would be
grateful if you would correct me.

Thanks and regards,

Kev

*Kevin Gavigan BSc, MSc, PhD, MCP, MCTS*
*Software Architect*
*Connected Infotainment*
*Electrical, Electronic and Software Engineering (EESE)*
Jaguar Land Rover

*Mobile: 07990 084866*
*Email:* kgavigan@jaguarlandrover.com

*Office address:*
GO03/057 • Building 523, Gaydon • Maildrop: (G03)
Jaguar Land Rover • Banbury Road • Gaydon • Warwick • CV35 0RR