W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-automotive@w3.org > January 2017

[auto-wg] minutes - 17 January 2017

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2017 03:06:55 +0900
Message-ID: <CAJ8iq9X==cWWpxp3iP5f+q+CjhC8VN-82QKxWWE-F1ctYbtb9w@mail.gmail.com>
To: public-automotive <public-automotive@w3.org>
available at:
  https://www.w3.org/2017/01/17-auto-minutes.html

also as text below.

Thanks,

Kazuyuki

---
   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                             Automotive WG
                              17 Jan 2017

   [2]Agenda

      [2]
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-automotive/2017Jan/0055.html

   See also: [3]IRC log

      [3] http://www.w3.org/2017/01/17-auto-irc

Attendees

   Present
          Kaz, Paul, Rudi, Adam, Junichi, Mike, Kevin, Song,
          Urata, Ted, Powell, Hira, patrickB

   Regrets
   Chair
          Rudi, Paul

   Scribe
          kaz

Contents

     * [4]Topics
         1. [5]Agenda
         2. [6]Feedback from CES
         3. [7]Client spec
         4. [8]Test framework
         5. [9]Timeline
         6. [10]JSON Schema
         7. [11]Implementations
         8. [12]AGL
     * [13]Summary of Action Items
     * [14]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

Agenda

   rudi: how about our demo, etc.?

   adam: would add JSON Schema as an agenda item

   kevin: adam and I going through issues

   rudi: ok
   ... seeing your pullrequests

   ted: one possible item on AGL
   ... @@@

   rudi: can talk about their involvement
   ... any other items for today?

   (none)

Feedback from CES

   paul: the meeting we had during CES went well
   ... test stuff, client spec, etc.
   ... and demos

   ted: ran some demo
   ... showing prototype
   ... signal information moving around
   ... had number of people
   ... following up various people
   ... good opportunity for outreach
   ... Wonsuk, Sanjeev were there
   ... video they produced
   ... Jaguar show case as well
   ... good stuff there

   song: it was exciting

   kevin: was there a bridge there?

   rudi: yes
   ... OCF to RVI bridge. Essentially the same as used for the
   demo in Portland in June last year.

   kevin: was that demo setup?

   rudi: Sanjeev set up that

   kevin: good

   rudi: good demos in that room
   ... any other feedback from CES?

   paul: announcement by Toyota and Ford
   ... open source thing

   rudi: SDL was submitted to GENIVI
   ... SDL has been integrated with Ford IVI as AppLink.

Client spec

   rudi: tx for starting that, Powell
   ... good starting point

   pk: couple of things
   ... IDs
   ... subscribe
   ... one part of the signal spec

   rudi: we should specify the filter spec
   ... for interoperability

   adam: would mention how JSON Schema would work
   ... (Adam is going to update the spec.)

   rudi: tx

   powell: would like comments on sections
   ... match the selector
   ... VSS works fine
   ... one thing matches the position, e.g., window position
   ... new path which never happened before

   rudi: if you're working on extending the spec?

   powell: we can't really provide useful selector without trying
   to capture all the possible features in the spec

   rudi: flexibility of VSS
   ... you can't easily predefine CSS selector-like filter

   kaz: so we need to clarify all the patters?

   powell: we don't want to do that
   ... is that a plan for VSS to classify universal window
   position?

   rudi: we built on the top of the list

   powell: if you have ID you can specify any window using
   selector

   urata: a question about ID
   ... there is a private section in the VSS tree
   ... the public section could have a ID
   ... can a private section have ID?

   rudi: yes
   ... you can add private tree and also add ID to that
   ... maybe you need to define some namespace
   ... you should start beyond that
   ... multiple private sections could conflict with each other
   ... private ID from one OEM could conflict with others

   urata: ok
   ... we have another question
   ... wondering about getVSS API
   ... should return some JSON data
   ... one idea is JSON defined by VSS should be returned
   ... another is more simple JSON
   ... which only contain the node name
   ... VSS JSON could include max-min value
   ... tree structure of VSS
   ... those two options are possible
   ... do you have answer/preference?

   rudi: thought about the first case
   ... sometimes query the entire signal
   ... I'm fine with extending getVSS to provide a format selector

   urata: no clear description in the spec yet

   rudi: fair issue
   ... makes sense

   urata: will put a GitHub issue

   rudi: tx
   ... any other comments for the Client spec?

Test framework

   urata: not much progress since the last meeting
   ... developing test cases
   ... will continue

   paul: we posted ideas on possible test framework on the list
   ... wondering if people have any opinions

   rudi: will check the thread

   [15]https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-automotive/2017
   Jan/0011.html

     [15]
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-automotive/2017Jan/0011.html

   [16]https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-automotive/2017
   Jan/thread.html#msg11

     [16]
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-automotive/2017Jan/thread.html#msg11

   paul's initiated thread above

   rudi: please look at the thread
   ... feedback welcome

Timeline

   paul: good to think about the timeline
   ... we're roughly on the timeline

   -> [17]https://www.w3.org/2014/automotive/charter-2016.html WG
   Charter

     [17] https://www.w3.org/2014/automotive/charter-2016.html

   rudi: by April the CR for the server spec should go out
   ... 10 weeks or so
   ... any concern about that?

   adam: Kevin and I are working on that
   ... in good shape

JSON Schema

   adam: created an pullrequest on GitHub

   (shows the HTML on the pullrequest)

   -> [18]https://github.com/w3c/automotive/pull/131 Adam's
   pullrequest

     [18] https://github.com/w3c/automotive/pull/131

   adam: please review the pullrequest

   rudi: and give your feedback

   adam explains the proposal

   kaz: WoT IG/WG working on similar description

   adam: could be useful for discussion with them
   ... (shows closed points)

   ->
   [19]https://github.com/w3c/automotive/pulls?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=is
   %3Apr%20is%3Aclosed

     [19] https://github.com/w3c/automotive/pulls?utf8=✓&q=is:pr is:closed

   rudi: questions/comments?
   ... expecting CR in April
   ... and GENIVI AMM in May

Implementations

   rudi: OCF working implementations
   ... GENIVI also
   ... client spec as well
   ... anybody interested is welcome
   ... questions?

   kaz: within this WG itself who is implementing the specs?
   ... Urata-san for the server spec?

   urata: not product-level yet but creating an implementation

   rudi: so ACCESS, Paul, Song Li

   kaz: JLR as well?

   rudi: not yet
   ... GENIVI/JLR are working on one of the open-source
   implementations
   ... OSTC Team is working on that
   ... any other questions on implementations?

   kevin: quick point
   ... some one could generate a list of existing implementations

   rudi: good idea
   ... you can send links on implementations to Kaz

   kaz: yes, can integrate the information with the provided link
   to the wiki

   rudi: tx, Kevin!

AGL

   rudi: GENIVI didn't work on opensource operation system based
   on Linux
   ... and there was a need
   ... so we set up AGL
   ... has Toyota as a Member
   ... GENIVI then set up their open source distribution called
   GDP (GENIVI Development Platform).
   ... collaboration between AGL and GENIVI
   ... makes sense to get multiple implementations
   ... any collaboration/contribution by them would be welcome
   ... Ted can provide information on the meeting during CES by
   email or during the next call.

   [ adjourned ]

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [20]scribe.perl version
    1.148 ([21]CVS log)
    $Date: 2017/01/18 04:42:44 $

     [20] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [21] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Wednesday, 18 January 2017 18:08:12 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 24 October 2017 18:52:53 UTC