De : Qing An [mailto:anqing.aq@alibaba-inc.com]
Envoyé : mardi 27 septembre 2016 10:51
À : sa-takagi@kddi.com; ashimura@w3.org; public-autowebplatform@w3.org; public-automotive@w3.org; PHILIPPE COLLIOT - U164359
Cc : Residori, Marco (Marco_Residori@mentor.com)
Objet : Re: Re:LBS-api-webidl-draft.docx

Hi Philippe,

Please see comments inline.

Best regards,
Qing An

From:PHILIPPE COLLIOT <philippe.colliot@mpsa.com<mailto:philippe.colliot@mpsa.com>>
Send Time:2016年9月27日(星期二) 16:12
To:sa-takagi@kddi.com <sa-takagi@kddi.com<mailto:sa-takagi@kddi.com>>; 安勍(莳逸) <anqing.aq@alibaba-inc.com<mailto:anqing.aq@alibaba-inc.com>>; ashimura@w3.org<mailto:ashimura@w3.org> <ashimura@w3.org<mailto:ashimura@w3.org>>; public-autowebplatform@w3.org<mailto:public-autowebplatform@w3.org> <public-autowebplatform@w3.org<mailto:public-autowebplatform@w3.org>>; public-automotive@w3.org<mailto:public-automotive@w3.org> <public-automotive@w3.org<mailto:public-automotive@w3.org>>
Cc:"Residori, Marco (Marco_Residori@mentor.com<mailto:Marco_Residori@mentor.com>)" <Marco_Residori@mentor.com<mailto:Marco_Residori@mentor.com>>
Subject:RE: Re:LBS-api-webidl-draft.docx

Hello Qing An,
Just to remind you that what I've in mind is to generate the Web API for Navigation from the GENIVI API, by using the Franca definition.
Your proposal is  not really in line with that.
[QingAn] This is the initial prpposal. I suggest to have further discussion to see which part is not in line, and try to find possible solution.
Since two months I've worked hard to align the Franca stuff, in order to make it the official version in GENIVI.
For the time being the official version is defined under DBus xml format.
Migration to Franca (and CommonAPI for the proof of concept) is closed to be achieved now.
Unfortunately I'm late for the definition of the navigation Web API...
Generator is not available yet (I'll discuss it with Klaus), so I have in mind to take an example (routing) and to create the Web API 'by hand', to see how could be a file generated from Franca stuff. I had a look at the examples of Web IDL files provide by Qing An, and I tried to do it.
[QingAn] I agree we can start with routing example. Here I want to mention a comment received from last week's F2F: in current Vehicle Signal APIs spec (http://w3c.github.io/automotive/vehicle_data/vehicle_information_service.html#architecture ), there are two levels of APIs. One is Vehicle Signal Client API between Web APP and JS library which is WedIDL-based API, and the other is Vehicle Signal Server API between JS library and Vehicle SIgnal Server located within the vehicle and it is websocket-based API. It would be preferable that the Navigation Web API is line with that. So we need to clarify: whether the architecture of Vehicle Signal APIs spec can apply for navigation APIs? Is Websocket API supported in GENIVI navigation?
But  I'm definitely not sufficiently aware of Web IDL, and it takes more time that I imagined at the beginning.
I'll attend the W3C session dedicated to LBS Web API during the AMM, to clarify this point (I do really need someone to help me for defining the WebIDL version of the LBS APIs...)
Except some issues with data types and maybe some adaptations of the existing API, I think it's achievable. [QingAn] Good to hear that.
So, let's discuss it during a F2F in San Francisco.
[QingAn] I may not be able to attend F2F in October. Anyway, let's keep in touch.

Philippe