W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-automotive@w3.org > October 2016

[auto-wg] minutes - 4 October 2016

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2016 10:34:57 +0900
Message-ID: <CAJ8iq9WT+iPS9P+P5U4m1GgJTJOEc4TMRYFR=qb9HBnamk3dCw@mail.gmail.com>
To: public-automotive <public-automotive@w3.org>
available at:
  https://www.w3.org/2016/10/04-auto-minutes.html

also as text below.

Thanks,

Kazuyuki

---
   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                             Automotive WG

04 Oct 2016

   See also: [2]IRC log

      [2] http://www.w3.org/2016/10/05-auto-irc

Attendees

   Present
          Kaz_Ashimura, Junichi_Hashimoto, Rudi_Streif,
          Shinjiro_Urata, Wonsuk_Lee, Tatsuhiko_Hirabayashi

   Regrets
   Chair
          Rudi

   Scribe
          kaz

Contents

     * [3]Topics
         1. [4]WG Charter status
         2. [5]TPAC 2016
         3. [6]GENIVI AMM Schedule
     * [7]Summary of Action Items
     * [8]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

WG Charter status

   -> [9]https://www.w3.org/2014/automotive/charter-2016.html
   proposed Charter

      [9] https://www.w3.org/2014/automotive/charter-2016.html

   kaz: got approval of W3M
   ... will work with the W3C Comm Team to make the AC
   announcement
   ... now generating some text on the history about the changes
   of the deliverables
   ... would like to send this out today

   rudi: questions?

   (none)

TPAC 2016

   -> [10]https://www.w3.org/2016/09/19-20-auto-minutes.html TPAC
   2016 minutes

     [10] https://www.w3.org/2016/09/19-20-auto-minutes.html

   rudi: any update/question?

   junichi: we fixed a lot of topics on the service spec

   <hira> Could you tell me how to join conf.call?

   rudi: also made lot of updates
   ... updated the repository

   wonsuk: regarding VSS, we need to describe attributes for body,
   chasis, etc.
   ... need to know what the exact format/style

   <hira> I did it!

   wonsuk: how to delete children based on the event exchange
   between the client and the server

   rudi: if you use the wild card feature, you need to respond all
   the tree structure

   wonsuk: like body.*

   rudi: you should respond everything

   wonsuk: we need to clarify what to do
   ... body.* includes all the information under the tree

   rudi: "." notation should be straight forward

   urata: we can't tell under what the specified "body" belongs

   <rstreif> It would be Attribute.Body.* and not
   Attribute.children.Body.*

   wonduk: how can we make doneNotification?

   urata: we can omit children

   rudi: "children" is a keyword for JSON
   ... but not a keyword for the "." notation

   wonsuk: ok
   ... I raised an issue related to WebIDL during the f2f as well
   ... subscribe VSS
   ... WebIDL is used to define JavaScript API
   ... not JSON messages or data itself

   rudi: right
   ... but WebIDL could be used for simple definition of JS
   methods
   ... it's rather simple APIs like get/set/subscribe
   ... WebIDL could be used to define data types

   junichi: do you have any candidate other than WebIDL?

   wonsuk: JSON Schema
   ... for JSON messaging
   ... syntax definition
   ... we can define JSON message structure
   ... would be right direction, I think
   ... what is confusing is that WebIDL has its own data structure

   rudi: true
   ... in VSS, we use simple data types like uint16 which could be
   simply converted to any programming language

   wonsuk: also looking at OCF's work
   ... they're defining some data structure based on JSON Schema

   rudi: maybe would be a right direction

   kaz: WoT IG has been also seeking possible data type definition
   mechanism
   ... we might want to survey existing examples

   urata: there are examples like JSON Schema and Schema.org

   wonsuk: some of the W3C specs just use some tables

   kaz: some limited vocabulary?

   wonsuk: right
   ... one possible benefit of JSON Schema is possible
   synchronization
   ... validation tool for JSON Schema could be applied to our
   messaging mechanism

   rudi: I'm supportive

   wonsuk: I can make some examples based on JSON Schema

   <scribe> ACTION: wonsuk to generate some examples of JSON
   Schema usage [recorded in
   [11]http://www.w3.org/2016/10/05-auto-minutes.html#action01]

     [11] http://www.w3.org/2016/10/05-auto-minutes.html#action01]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-26 - Generate some examples of json
   schema usage [on WonSuk Lee - due 2016-10-12].

   urata: there was discussion on the RESTful APIs
   ... in the new Charter document, the word "RESTful" is replaced
   by "advanced protocol"
   ... as the starting point, WebSocket is enough, I think

   rudi: we're focusing on Web browser/runtime
   ... so this is sufficient for the moment
   ... and eventually JS library
   ... applications could be going to use RESTful interface, etc.,
   in the future

   urata: it's ok by me to mention only WebSocket and concentrate
   on it at the moment

   wonsuk: yes
   ... we're concentrating on WebSocket
   ... but we're open about the possible protocols
   ... if there is any good approach, we can extend the capability

   urata: one of my concerns is security
   ... when we use other protocols, e.g., HTTP, the security model
   would be different very much

   kaz: so the text on the Charter itself is OK?

   urata: ok

   kaz: btw, theoretically, WebSocket simply provides a TCP/IP
   socket capability and we could use HTTP/HTTPS or whatever on
   that transport mechanism

   urata: ok

GENIVI AMM Schedule

   urata: btw, another question of Hashimoto-san was the schedule
   of the Genivi AMM in 2 weeks

   junichi: security meeting on Tuesday
   ... want to confirm the schedule

   ->
   [12]https://www.w3.org/auto/wg/wiki/Main_Page#Oct_19_-_21_.2C_2
   016_.2CGenivi_AMM.2C_Burlingame GENIVI AMM schedule

     [12]
https://www.w3.org/auto/wg/wiki/Main_Page#Oct_19_-_21_.2C_2016_.2CGenivi_AMM.2C_Burlingame

   kaz: basic schedule:



   10/19 - Security Arch

   10/20 - Morning - W3C Status to GENIVI

   10/20 - WG/BG Meeting - Agenda TBD

   10/21 - WB/BG Meeting - Agenda TBD

   ]]

   wonsuk: we need to clarify the details esp. Thu/Fri

   kaz: let's continue the discussion by email

   wonsuk: btw, who is attending the AMM?

   kaz: me

   rudi: me

   junichi: me

   wonsuk: me

   hira: me

   urata: me
   ... arriving on Tue.

   wonsuk: good :)

   urata: wondering about Kevin/Adam

   rudi: don't know...

   junichi: there was a doodle poll

   -> [13]http://doodle.com/poll/g249mvntn26xsdu5 doodle poll on
   f2f attendance

     [13] http://doodle.com/poll/g249mvntn26xsdu5

   kaz: the doodle poll doesn't include Kevin or Adam

   rudi: will check with them directly

   kaz: tx!
   ... let's continue the discussion by email!

   [ adjourned ]

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: wonsuk to generate some examples of JSON Schema
   usage [recorded in
   [14]http://www.w3.org/2016/10/05-auto-minutes.html#action01]

     [14] http://www.w3.org/2016/10/05-auto-minutes.html#action01

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [15]scribe.perl version
    1.144 ([16]CVS log)
    $Date: 2016/10/05 01:24:00 $

     [15] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [16] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/


-- 
Kaz Ashimura, W3C Staff Contact for Auto, WoT, TV, MMI and Geo
Tel: +81 3 3516 2504
Received on Wednesday, 5 October 2016 01:36:12 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 24 October 2017 18:52:52 UTC