Re: 2016-11-01 Auto WG minutes

From: Gavigan, Kevin <kgavigan@jaguarlandrover.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2016 13:09:27 +0000
To: "ted@w3.org" <ted@w3.org>
Cc: public-automotive <public-automotive@w3.org>, Lovene Bhatia <lbhatia@jaguarlandrover.com>, Adam Crofts <acrofts1@jaguarlandrover.com>
Hi Ted,

Could I please to add the following (sent with my Apologies) to the minutes
if this is possible?:

1) Very much welcome Volkswagen's involvement and hope that they (and other
OEMs) join the Automotive Group and become full, active members.

2) The Hybrid VIWI RESTful Web Service + WebSocket approach looks
interesting and would suggest that it is picked up in parallel by the
Business Group.

3) Recommend that the working group continues to progress the WebSocket
based Vehicle Signal Server Specification from FPWD to Recommendation as
agreed based on the timelines in the Charter.

Thanks and regards,

Kev

*Kevin Gavigan BSc, MSc, PhD, MCP, MCTS*
*Software Architect*
*Connected Infotainment*
*Electrical, Electronic and Software Engineering (EESE)*
Jaguar Land Rover

*Mobile: 07990 084866*
*Email:* kgavigan@jaguarlandrover.com

*Office address:*
GO03/057 • Building 523, Gaydon • Maildrop: (G03)
Jaguar Land Rover • Banbury Road • Gaydon • Warwick • CV35 0RR