RE: Minutes of GENIVI-W3C coordination meeting, 29-Mar-2016

From: Peter Winzell <Peter.Winzell@melcogot.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2016 08:31:58 +0000
To: Yingying Chen <yingying@w3.org>, "Philippe Robin (GENIVI)" <philippe.robin@technoveo.com>, Paul Boyes <Paul.Boyes@inrix.com>, "Kazuyuki Ashimura" <ashimura@w3.org>, PHILIPPE COLLIOT <philippe.colliot@mpsa.com>, "magnus.olsson@ericsson.com" <magnus.olsson@ericsson.com>, "jan.murlewski@arynga.com" <jan.murlewski@arynga.com>, "<ted@w3.org> Guild" <ted@w3.org>
CC: "genivi-pmo@mail.genivi.org" <genivi-pmo@mail.genivi.org>, "public-automotive@w3.org" <public-automotive@w3.org>
Hi! I think I was viewing and commenting the old meetings note, sorry about that. One comment regarding data integrity(Made by Magnus Olsson) which I think will become very important looking at possible use cases ahead of us. If we were to, for example, specify payload data signatures using ESCDA what does that mean in terms of public key distribution infrastructure ? Is this something we need to address as well within the WG as part of the API spec? or should/could come up with an API which allow the implementer to decide ? I think input from OEMS are would be very useful for this discussion.

Br
Peter Winzell