W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-automotive@w3.org > March 2016

[auto-wg] minutes - 15 March 2016

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2016 03:17:15 +0900
Message-ID: <CAJ8iq9V5um7JsxooV3PYtfA8aULBiR8H=TiEdNHOYdjENbkupA@mail.gmail.com>
To: public-automotive <public-automotive@w3.org>
available at:
  https://www.w3.org/2016/03/15-auto-minutes.html

also as text below.

Thanks,

Kazuyuki

---
   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                             Automotive WG

15 Mar 2016

   See also: [2]IRC log

      [2] http://www.w3.org/2016/03/15-auto-irc

Attendees

   Present
          Paul_Boyes, Kaz_Ashimura, Peter_Winzell, Powerll_Kinney,
          Qing_An, Ted_Guild, Kevin_Gavigan, Dave_Jensen,
          Wonsuk_Lee, Adam_Crofts, Junichi_Hashimoto

   Regrets
   Chair
          Paul

   Scribe
          kaz

Contents

     * [3]Topics
         1. [4]co-Chair candidates
         2. [5]API refactoring discussion
         3. [6]f2f
     * [7]Summary of Action Items
     * [8]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

co-Chair candidates

   (discussion on the candidates)

   paul: coordination with Genivi and AGL will become even more
   important
   ... including code generation from IDL
   ... is it possible at all or useful?

   (clarification on technical editor work vs management work)

   paul: the WG topics have less diversity than the BG
   ... people from the WG can join the BG because they're W3C
   Members
   ... based on the experience, think it's hard to manage time
   commitment
   ... I'm not necessarily a JavaScript engineer

   peter: good to have suggestions on email or on IRC here

   kaz: (put Ted's proposal on the GoToMeeting Chat)

   (candidates will check within their companies)

   (w3c management will be discussing the assignment on 30th)

API refactoring discussion

   <ted> [9]Issue 81 on Web Sockets

      [9] https://github.com/w3c/automotive/issues/81

   paul: Soumya would like to talk about smart city at the April
   f2f

   <ted> [10]April F2F registration

     [10] https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/1/auto201604/

   kaz: Soumya is working on WoT, and provided a demo using a
   Porsche during the Nice f2f meeting of the WoT IG

   dave: created the issue 80 and 81
   ... action items to refactoring for 80
   ... web socket interface for 81

   kevin: possible candidate architecture under review
   ... can provide within a couple of days

   paul: another high-level architecture under discussion with
   Philippe from GENIVI
   ... we should review the issue 81
   ... also the architecture proposals by Kevin and Philippe

f2f

   paul: we should start forming the agenda
   ... including Soumya's proposal

   kevin: the hotel?

   paul: Paris Marriott Rive Gauche

   <ted> [11]http://genivi.org/amm-2016-april

     [11] http://genivi.org/amm-2016-april

   peter: same hotel as the GENIVI venue?

   <ted> Paris Marriott Rive Gauche

   paul: April 26 for security

   ted: Junichi is available on that day only
   ... discount information on the above GENIVI member page

   kaz: so we'll continue the agenda discussion by email?

   <ted> [12]Genivi registration and discount code

     [12]
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-automotive/2016Mar/0017.html

   paul: would like to start a wiki for agenda
   ... glad to do that
   ... ttyl!

   [ adjourned ]

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [13]scribe.perl version
    1.144 ([14]CVS log)
    $Date: 2016/03/15 18:12:49 $

     [13] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [14] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Tuesday, 15 March 2016 18:18:28 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 19:05:47 UTC