W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-automotive@w3.org > December 2016

[auto-wg] minutes - 20 December 2016

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2016 03:34:59 +0900
Message-ID: <CAJ8iq9XNFrcRz69cse4dY=A-axj3Ngf7yiAD46UNVrguHNHWFQ@mail.gmail.com>
To: public-automotive <public-automotive@w3.org>
available at:
  https://www.w3.org/2016/12/20-auto-minutes.html

also as text below.

Thanks,

Kazuyuki

---
   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                             Automotive WG

20 Dec 2016

   See also: [2]IRC log

      [2] http://www.w3.org/2016/12/20-auto-irc

Attendees

   Present
          Kaz, Kevin, Mike, Patric_B, Patrick_L, Paul, Peter,
          Rudi, Song, Urata, Ted

   Regrets
   Chair
          Rudi, Paul, Peter

   Scribe
          kaz

Contents

     * [3]Topics
         1. [4]Testing
         2. [5]Issues
         3. [6]Meeting during CES
     * [7]Summary of Action Items
     * [8]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

Testing

   urata: would like to start with the testing topic
   ... mentioned some concern within my message
   ... attached an attachment file
   ... to describe how to handle external resources
   ... may be going to break the W3C testing policy

   ->
   [9]https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-automotive/2016D
   ec/0035.html Urata-san's message (member-only)

      [9]
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-automotive/2016Dec/0035.html

   urata: the concern is clear
   ... if it's OK to refer to external resources, there would be
   no problem

   kaz: personally think there should not be problem if all the
   resources are accessible online
   ... can check with PLH

   peter: the definition of "testing" is testing specs
   ... not the server resources themselves

   paul: right
   ... don't see how to test our tests without external resources
   like VSS

   kaz: will talk with PLH and clarify the requirements for
   testing

   paul: ok
   ... anyway Urata-san has started great work on testing

   <urata_access> Regarding the test assertion document, it is
   being created at Hirabayashi-san's site.

Issues

   rudi: shows issues on his screen

   -> [10]https://github.com/w3c/automotive/issues/107 Issue-107

     [10] https://github.com/w3c/automotive/issues/107

   rudi: discrepancy between the document title and the shortname
   ... would propose we rename the title to "Vehicle Information
   Service Specification"

   kevin: change the title from "Vehicle Signal Server Spec"?

   kaz: either is ok
   ... it depends on our preference as the whole WG

   <ted> [vehicle-information-service shortname is what came out
   of mail thread. i believe we can change the shortname and title
   if desired]

   kaz: so the resolution from this call is changing the document
   title to "Vehicle Information Service Specification"
   ... and use that title for the 2nd WD
   ... right?

   rudi: yes

   urata: so you're suggesting we change the document title?
   ... is it OK to change the title of the document?
   ... we should ask all the group participants about their
   opinions as well
   ... from my viewpoint, I've been already using the name of
   "Vehicle Signal Server Specification" in many places within my
   codes
   ... on the other hand, the acronym for "Vehicle Signal Server
   Spec" is kind of confusing since it's VSSS and similar to VSS

   peter: would agree with Rudi's argument

   urata: can change the name myself
   ... but we should ask others' opinions as well

   rudi: yes
   ... this issue-107 itself is one of the feedbacks for the FPWD

   urata: ok

   kaz: in that case, the client-side spec's name would be also
   "Vehicle Information Client Specification". right?

   paul: "Vehicle Information API" would still make sense

   kaz: ok
   ... we don't have to decide the client spec's name now
   ... but at some point, we need to think about that

   rudi: ok

   paul: that (=using "Vehicle Information API") is my opinion

   kaz: ok
   ... we should set some deadline to get feedback for this
   proposal

   rudi: would like to publish the 2nd draft with the updated name
   next year

   -> [11]https://github.com/w3c/automotive/issues/99 Issue-99

     [11] https://github.com/w3c/automotive/issues/99

   rudi: JSON Schema instead of WebIDL

   kevin: agreeable

   patrick: have good experience on JSON Schema
   ... all the media is defined using JSON Schema within VW
   ... could express the data model easier using JSON Schema than
   WebIDL

   kevin: offer to add JSON Schema notation as well as WebIDL in
   January

   <rstreif> Per Working Group Meeting: consent to accompany the
   specification with the JSON schema metadata for the API
   specification; @drkevg and @acrofts84 to add JSON schema and
   WebIDL definitions in 1/2017

   -> [12]https://github.com/w3c/automotive/issues/91 Issue-91

     [12] https://github.com/w3c/automotive/issues/91

   rudi: whole issue list for the server spec
   ... generated by Adam
   ... would be great if Adam and Kevin could go through the list

   <rstreif> #91: Per Working Group Meeting: @drkevg, @acrofts84,
   and the editors and chairs review the list and clear the
   remaining items.

   kaz: btw, we should change the text for the issue label
   "Vehicle Signal Server Spec" to "Vehicle Information Service
   Spec", shouldn't we?

   rudi: right

   -> [13]https://github.com/w3c/automotive/issues/87 Issue-87

     [13] https://github.com/w3c/automotive/issues/87

   rudi: Deliverable definition

   <rstreif> #87: Per Working Group Meeting: addressed at this
   point with the new charter. Close.

   -> [14]https://github.com/w3c/automotive/issues/85 Issue-85

     [14] https://github.com/w3c/automotive/issues/85

   #85: Per Working Group Meeting: ticket stands; Vehicle
   Information API Specification yet to be created;

Meeting during CES

   paul: what would people discuss at CES?
   ... WG? BG?

   rudi: let's meet in Thursday afternoon
   ... 3-5pm
   ... myself can't attend CES but Magnus will be there

   [ adjourned ]

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [15]scribe.perl version
    1.148 ([16]CVS log)
    $Date: 2016/12/20 18:15:56 $

     [15] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [16] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Tuesday, 20 December 2016 18:36:23 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 19:06:01 UTC