More tools (was: Minutes for Teleconference on 11 February 2016)

Hi,

Apologies for missing yesterday's call.

On 12/02/2016 15:44, Annika Nietzio wrote:
> Automated WCAG Monitoring Community Group
> Teleconference 2016-02-11, 16:00 - 17:25 h (CET)
>
> Participants: Frank, David, Birkir, Wilco (chair), Annika (scribe)
>
> (...)
>
> ITEM 3: Invite on feedback & participation from tool vendors
> Wilco: Suggest to appoint 1-2 participants in auto-wcag to contact
> tool vendors.
> Frank: Good idea.
> Wilco: Working at deque. Currently implementing some auto-wcag test in
> the deque tools.
> Birkir: Most tools do only automated tests. Are they interested in
> auto-wcag (semi-automated tests)?
> David: What are the goals of auto-wcag?
> Wilco: yes, we cover HTML 5 and mobile accessibility.
>
> List of tools and experts:
> * AChecker[2], not contacted yet, not participating in auto-wcag.
> * deque aXe [3], participating in auto-wcag
> * Tingtun checkers [4], participating in auto-wcag
> * SiteImprove [5], not contacted yet, not participating in auto-wcag
> * Tanaguru [6], participating in auto-wcag
> * Fangs (Screen Reader Emulator for Firefox, hasn't be updated in a
> while, no ARIA support), participating in auto-wcag
> * Funka (Do they have their own tool?)
> * Functional Accessibility Evaluator [7]
> * HTML_CodeSniffer [8]
> * TotalValidatorPro [9]
>
> Wilco: Are there other accessibility experts that we could approach?

I looked through the tools that I starred on GitHub and found the
following that are not listed above:
* accesslint (entirely in Ruby):
<https://github.com/accesslint/access_lint>;
* seleniumAccessibility (in Java; Ted Drake is/was involved in this):
<https://github.com/neurites/seleniumAccessibility>;
* AccessSniff (JavaScript, Node.js):
<https://github.com/yargalot/AccessSniff>;
* quail (JavaScript, Node.js): <https://github.com/quailjs/quail>;
* pa11y (JavaScript, Node.js; by Springer Nature):
<https://github.com/springernature/pa11y>;
* accessibility-checker (for Moodle; mostly PHP; last update was two
years old): <https://github.com/dslab-epfl/accessibility-checker>.

I have not tested any of these tools yet.

Best regards,

Christophe

--
Christophe Strobbe
Akademischer Mitarbeiter

“It is possible to make a living making free software for freedom
instead of closed-source proprietary malware for cops.”
Jacob Appelbaum,
<http://dissenter.firedoglake.com/2012/12/28/jacob-appelbaum-on-resisting-the-surveillance-state/>