Re: [Agenda] WG/CG Telecon Thurs Mar 11 9:00 am PDT

Attendees: Ruth John, Raymond Toy, Christoph Guttandin, Atilla Haraszti,
Michel Buffa

Minutes:

   - Admin
      - Poll Results
         - Most popular:  May 3 or May 10 at 9 am (PDT)
         - Leave poll open for a couple more weeks
      - V1
      - CR and Rec Status
      - 6 of 10 Outstanding issues
         - Please address the issues in the spec.
         - Normative references, and stability criteria
         <https://github.com/WebAudio/web-audio-api/issues/2297>
         - Raymond: I don't think there's anything for us to do except
            check that we reference the right things.
         - Improve definition of regular tasks processing
         <https://github.com/WebAudio/web-audio-api/issues/2302>
         - PRs
         - Please review the PRs if you're a reviewer
      - V2
      - priority-1 issues
      <https://github.com/WebAudio/web-audio-api-v2/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3Apriority-1>
         - Render capacity
         <https://github.com/WebAudio/web-audio-api-v2/issues/40>
            - No news
         - Render quantum size
         <https://github.com/WebAudio/web-audio-api-v2/issues/13>
            - No news
         - Hard-sync of two oscillators
         <https://github.com/WebAudio/web-audio-api-v2/issues/1>
            - Ruth: I built hard-sync with worklets.
            https://studio.rumyra.com/betterosc/. Someone has already
            written one too which included noise and hard-sync.
            - [Ruth describes approach]
            - Ruth: I like pw mode in oscillator.  Could just add this as
            additional type for osc and add pulseWidth param that only
affects pw type.
            - Ruth: hard-sync demo doesn't currently seem to work; I don't
            hear any change in output.
            - Ruth: I will write up comments in the issues about some of
            the things I've learned.
            - [Raymond suggest using canopy <https://hoch.github.io/canopy>,
            but might need tweaks for worklets]
            - [Attila says he has a pr for canopy to make it work better
            with async stuff]
            - Attilla: just checked, didn't submit PR :(
            https://github.com/hoch/canopy/issues/89 i'll look if the code
            is on desktop.
         - Others?
      - AOB
      - Next meeting will still be offset since Europe is still on standard
      time.