Re: Multichannel files and ChannelSplitter channel layout issue

Yes, I mentioned this pain point in the last W3C WebVR workshop. The
multichannel audio is still not in the category of 'the majority use case',
so browser implementors neglected it.

Since WebAudio is getting the stream from the HTMLMediaElement, so I was
expecting the element to do work for me.

On a related note, it would be really great to be able to check the valid
channel count of the original media from the MediaStream* sources. It turns
out to be there is no way to figure this out from the developer's
perspective.

Why don't we start a thread in the WebAudio issue tracker and get more
people involved if needed?

-Hongchan