Re: [mediacapture-main] Allow device capabilities to be discoverable via enumerateDevices (#211)

Just to add a couple of reminders of the context for this:

- The reason this change is contentious at all is because of concerns over
fingerprinting using the device characteristics of output devices. The MCTF
is not going to approve any un-gated access to the signatures of output
devices, even if the devices themselves are in fact accessible.

- The MCTF chairs are not OK with opening up questions about how the
gatekeeping on output devices would work, as these belong to the Audio
Output API which is in a different scope of work from the MC API that they
are trying to lock down. We've been invited to amend the Audio Output API
and I owe the MCTF a pull request proposing how we'd like that to look.

(If you ask me, the entire Audio Output API represents a missed opportunity
for WebRTC. However, that API is deeply flawed right now and bringing any
nontrivial output device issue into scope -- like this one -- seems to
result in a yarn-pulling effect of dragging in the whole raft of output
issues.)

...Joe

--

*Joe Berkovitz*
President

*Noteflight LLC*
49R Day Street / Somerville, MA 02144 / USA
phone: +1 978 314 6271
www.noteflight.com
"Your music, everywhere"