From: Joe Berkovitz [mailto:joe@noteflight.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 06, 2015 9:58 AM
To: Audio Working Group
Subject: Fwd: [mediacapture-main] Allow device capabilities to be discoverable via enumerateDevices (#211)

FYI -- output device characterization is not looking so good for inclusion in the final Media Capture spec, though input devices look likely to be covered by my earlier proposal, with some modification. This may have to wait for the Audio Output API to take shape, unless others have better ideas than I on how to proceed.

Please see the github PR for more details:

https://github.com/w3c/mediacapture-main/pull/211#issuecomment-128408222<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__github.com_w3c_mediacapture-2Dmain_pull_211-23issuecomment-2D128408222&d=AwMFaQ&c=lI8Zb6TzM3d1tX4iEu7bpg&r=qzKCNHFKJMzZBJ52at1DkA-_8TPxvcij-zS_VXs8c5A&m=KROTG3x0KqACk7aI9V7SPoO3BSAvPNPX8k2eg-sGUyw&s=12YiGsqeUAeKV0V8ml4qb0q2YsTAAaRbRtZ4FCXdtLc&e=>