Re: "Factory-style" AudioWorker spec proposal

Fine work.  A few off-the-cuff comments.

   - I had been expecting we will need to do a side-by-side non-factory
   audio worker and a factory-based one (i.e. this shouldn't replace the
   AudioWorker I've been spec'ing - it should go alongside.)  This is mostly
   because you cannot replicate the current API's behavior with this factory
   proposal[1] (but also the additional complexity).  This obviously would
   mean the names could not be shared in quite this way.
   - I like the packaging into a single worker script - always did.  I only
   didn't do it that way because of [1].
   - The method name should NOT be "createAudioWorker", because it doesn't
   create and return an object named "AudioWorkerNode" (pattern we've
   established across the API).  I would suggest this should be
   "loadAudioWorker" or, preferably, "loadAudioWorkerFactory".  (particularly
   because the AudioWorker classes can't be shared, due to my first point.
   - I'm not sure why you changed "bits" to be a hard-defined number in the
   bitCrusher example, but it should really be a Param - otherwise it's not a
   particularly real-world.  I think you were just trying to give a
   Transferable example - but I was confused the "var bitsArray =
   e.parameters.bits;" part - is this a leftover?  Regardless, "bits" as a
   Param is a key feature of what a user would want from a bitcrusher.
   - I'd rather not have an addition Transferable opportunity unless
   there's a strong demand; it seems more confusing (we'd have to offer
   guidance on when to use that Transferable vs postMessage vs AudioParam).

-C

[1] You can't replicate this behavior:

var c=new AudioContext();
var comp=c.createDynamicsCompressor();
comp.ratio.value=20;

Note the lack of async opportunity between the first and second line -
i.e., your factory's promise does not have time to complete.

In terms of the goal of Extensible Web Layering, unless we're planning to
refactor the API so the create*() APIs don't exist in their current form,
we need to offer some way to replicate their behavior - so we need a
non-async type.