the word APP.
http://james-ingram.de/demos/MIDILogoSketches2.png
I'm not sure which version I prefer.
#1 reads "MIDI WEB", as if this app is in the MIDI subsection of the
WEB. Maybe that's not so bad! :-)
#2 reads "WEB MIDI", i.e. MIDI for the WEB, which is what we are used to.
#3 is more like the GeneralMIDI logo, but less compact than #1 or #2.

Recognisable MIDI logos can also have outline characters or be white on
a black background. That might make these sketches lighter, possibly
more elegant. Unfortunately I don't have the software to create those
versions easily.

By the way:
I think this thread should really be more about Tom's original question,
which is really about copyright:
> Is it okay with the WG if the MMA comes up with a "Web MIDI"
> compatibility logo?
He didn't actually ask us to suggest one.

My feeling is that the Web MIDI App logo should be copyright free, like
a national flag. A Union Jack on a website just says that the website
purports to be in British English. It is, however, not a guarantee. :-)
I can't see the MMA testing Web MIDI Apps for compatibility so as to
give them some kind of approval, but I do think that the use of a
recognisable MIDI logo would raise the awareness for hardware MIDI, and
so be in the best interests of the MMA's members.

Maybe some software developers could become members of the MMA, and so
qualify to display a special logo, but I can't see any compelling reason
for them to do so if they are not members already. We can get by without
an approved logo.

--

http://james-ingram-act-two.de