Re: [minutes] Audio WG teleconference, 2014-09-18

Again, my regrets for missing the meeting.

On Fri, Sep 19, 2014 at 8:18 AM, Olivier Thereaux <
olivier.thereaux@bbc.co.uk> wrote:

> 3. progress on AudioWorkers
>
> Ongoing. Joe suggested two issues were still unresolved: one relates to
> the extent to which an audioworkernode can fully implement the behaviour of
> a native node;

How so?  My design constraint in creating Audio Workers was essentially
"they should be able to duplicate (modulo CPU impact) the behavior of a
natively implemented node."

> the other (see https://github.com/WebAudio/web-audio-api/issues/69) is
> related to OfflineAudioContext.

That issue is with ScriptProcessors.  Audio Workers should work in an
OfflineAudioContext with no issues.

> Due to the absence of the spec editors we did not make much progress but
> agreed to have this on the high-priority agenda for next call.

OK.

5. Welcome Bill

> Dolby Labs recently joined the group. Bill Hofmann introduced himself -
> will be at TPAC.

Welcome, Bill!

> 6. AOB
>
> Doug suggested we renew our effort to have a more regular group schedule -
> it has been erratic in the recent past, especially with Summer. Maybe not a
> weekly teleconference but a weekly catchup of sort?

I'm okay with that, except that I'd ask that it not be on Thursday mornings
(PST) then.  Thursdays tend to be overconstrained.  Wednesdays would be
better, especially if we're trying to keep the same time.

-C