Re: Call for Consensus: retire current ScriptProcessorNode design & AudioWorker proposal

What are the advantages of introducing the new spec under the old API names
(createScriptProcessor + ScriptProcessorNode), rather than creating a new
API for this proposal and deprecating the old API?

As a developer working on a project with Web Audio API, I think it would be
less disruptive to have a clean break with the old API.  Thoughts?