Re: Call for Consensus: retire current ScriptProcessorNode design & AudioWorker proposal

That is precisely why I highlighted this risk.

ScriptProcessors are certainly used today.  I don't think it's horrific to
consider switching it over (and then off), but I do think it will take a
concerted, cooperative effort to do so.  I think at the very least Mozilla
and Chrome (and ideally Safari, too) would need to support the new version
in roughly the same timeframe, would need to throw a "deprecation warning",
and would need to have a concerted plan to shut off the old version in
roughly the same timeframe, too.  Oh, and make sure IE doesn't support the
old one at all.  :)

We are getting a fair bit of heat for turning off old bits in Chrome, so
believe me, I'm not taking this lightly.  I just think the previous
incarnation is very bad.