Re: [web-audio-api] Web Audio API can't be implemented in JS (#242)

From: Jussi Kalliokoski <notifications@github.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2013 00:09:19 -0700
To: WebAudio/web-audio-api <web-audio-api@noreply.github.com>
Cc: W3C Audio Working Group Notifications <public-audio@w3.org>
> What things?
>
> Gecko never has the main thread wait on the audio thread.

How have you implemented `getChannelData` then? As a quick shot at it the only ways I can think of to do this:
 * The audio data of AudioBuffers is stored on the main thread and copied to the audio thread whenever `AudioBufferSourceNode#buffer` is set. I suppose this would be the most viable option for JS, but terribly inefficient.
 * Shared memory? Probably not, since that would go against your proposal. :)
 * COW? This seems like the most likely option to me, but this can't be done in JS.

---
https://github.com/WebAudio/web-audio-api/issues/242#issuecomment-24793396