Re: DynamicsCompressorNode.reduction is read-only AudioParam ?

Well, ScriptProcessor is kinda heavyweight - if you're just looking for
general feedback (i.e. not precise "OMG clipping happened!"), you don't
need to process EVERY sample; you'd be more efficient by sampling using an
AnalyserNode's getByteTimeDomainData() giving you less data you have to
process in response to a requestAnimationFrame, which is likely how you're
showing the data.  Of course, if you're really doing a fancy monitor, you'd
want RMS as well as instantaneous clip indicators, etc., and yeah, you'd
need a ScriptProcessor.