Re: TAG feedback on Web Audio

On 26 Jul 2013, at 13:41, Ehsan Akhgari <ehsan.akhgari@gmail.com>
 wrote:

>> Language such as “it is impermissible for Web Audio to unilaterally add
>> visible data races” without any consideration of the probability and
>> impact of said data races is, IMHO, rather peremptory and thus ultimately
>> unhelpful in helping our group decide the best course of action.
>>
> I already posted my take on this here: <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-audio/2013JulSep/0257.html>; I'd be curious to know what Alex and others of TAG members think about this.
>
> But please note that there is no good reason to assume that the position of data races not being OK is the weaker position which needs to carry the burden of proof.

Of course. My point is that I do not consider it sufficient to say that something is "OK" or "Not OK", and I prefer the debate to be on "how bad", "How risky" and "How costly".  I am grateful for the fact that you, among others, have been placing the discussion firmly around those criteria.

--
Olivier

http://www.bbc.co.uk
If you have received it in