Re: Testing

Robert O'Callahan writes:
> On Wed, Jul 3, 2013 at 10:22 PM, Chris Lowis <chris.lowis@bbc.co.uk> wrote:
>
>     It's been a few weeks since we last discussed testing. I'd like to do a
>     bit more work on this in the next couple of weeks.
>
>     The previous discussion concerned whether to use OfflineAudioContext or
>     ScriptProcessorNode at the core of the tests to compare generated audio
>     with a known-good reference.
>
>     The advantage of ScriptProcessorNode is that it currently works on all
>     implementations. The disadvantage is that tests can only run "in real
>     time".
>
>     With OfflineAudioContext, tests can run faster than real time - but
>     there was some discussion about if/how OfflineAudioContext could be
>     implemented given the spec as it stands.
>
> OfflineAudioContext is implemented in Gecko now and we're using it for testing.
> As far as I can tell, our implementation matches the current spec. So that's
> the way to go.

Rob,

That's great news, thank you!

> Also, we've imported a few Blink tests with some glue code to make them run in
> our test framework.
> http://mxr.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/source/content/media/webaudio/test/

I'd like us to reuse as many of the tests as possible from Blink and
Gecko, so am planning to copy as many in to the appropriate places as I
can. There's going to be some duplication here, I'm sure - and I guess
the W3C test suite will tend to cover the happy path rather than any
edge cases or platform-specific issues, but hope fully we can get to the
stage where, as discussed at the f2f earlier in the year, the W3C test
suite becomes a part of the implementors CI systems.

Any thoughts on that?

Cheers,

Chris

http://www.bbc.co.uk