Re: Testing

On Wed, Jul 3, 2013 at 10:22 PM, Chris Lowis <chris.lowis@bbc.co.uk> wrote:

> It's been a few weeks since we last discussed testing. I'd like to do a
> bit more work on this in the next couple of weeks.
>
> The previous discussion concerned whether to use OfflineAudioContext or
> ScriptProcessorNode at the core of the tests to compare generated audio
> with a known-good reference.
>
> The advantage of ScriptProcessorNode is that it currently works on all
> implementations. The disadvantage is that tests can only run "in real
> time".
>
> With OfflineAudioContext, tests can run faster than real time - but
> there was some discussion about if/how OfflineAudioContext could be
> implemented given the spec as it stands.

OfflineAudioContext is implemented in Gecko now and we're using it for
testing. As far as I can tell, our implementation matches the current spec.
So that's the way to go.

Also, we've imported a few Blink tests with some glue code to make them run
in our test framework.
http://mxr.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/source/content/media/webaudio/test/

waanndt  wyeonut  thoo mken.o w  *
*