Re: More details about channel up and down-mixing

On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 5:35 PM, Robert O'Callahan <robert@ocallahan.org>wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 9:58 AM, Chris Rogers <crogers@google.com> wrote:
>
>> One consequence, however, is that I don't think we'll be able to expose
>> the .computedNumberOfChannels on the AudioNode, since this is a value
>> computed for each input.  Of course, this value would still need to be
>> computed internally for each input.  If necessary, we could add something
>> like a getInputComputedNumberOfChannels(unsigned input); method.
>

> That's a bonus IMHO since computedNumberOfChannels is one of those things
> that varies dynamically as processing runs so we're better off not exposing
> it to script if we can avoid it.

Thanks for the feedback, one other point I'd like to settle is the naming.
 I've been thinking that a .numberOfChannels attribute isn't the right
name, but instead should be .baseNumberOfChannels, or
.numberOfChannelsHint, or something like that.  For now, I propose the
attributes be:

.channelCountMode
.channelInterpretation
.baseNumberOfChannels (which is ignored if channelCountMode=="max")

Chris