Re: Sites using webkitAudioContext only

From: Robert O'Callahan <robert@ocallahan.org>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 09:27:02 +1200
To: Ehsan Akhgari <ehsan.akhgari@gmail.com>
Cc: Chris Wilson <cwilso@google.com>, Chris Rogers <crogers@google.com>, Chris Lowis <chris.lowis@bbc.co.uk>, Olivier Thereaux <Olivier.Thereaux@bbc.co.uk>, "public-audio@w3.org" <public-audio@w3.org>, Alex Russell <slightlyoff@google.com>
On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 8:33 AM, Ehsan Akhgari <ehsan.akhgari@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Sat, Jun 15, 2013 at 12:45 PM, Chris Wilson <cwilso@google.com> wrote:
>
>> This overlap may cause some compatibility issues;  however, I'd point out
>> that even shipping an unprefixed clean implementation alongside
>> webkitAudioContext is going to break a fair bit of content for us.  There's
>> a subtle but important difference between
>>     var ctx = AudioContext || webkitAudioContext;
>> and
>>     var ctx = webkitAudioContext || AudioContext;
>>

> I don't think that there's a lot that we can do for content written using
> the first idiom...

You mean the second, right?

Jtehsauts tshaei dS,o n" Wohfy Mdaon yhoaus eanuttehrotraiitny eovni le
atrhtohu gthot sf oirng iyvoeu rs ihnesa.r"t sS?o Whhei csha iids teoa
stiheer :p atroa lsyazye,d 'mYaonu,r "sGients uapr,e tfaokreg iyvoeunr, 'm
aotr atnod sgaoy ,h o'mGee.t" uTph eann dt hwea lmka'n? gBoutt uIp waanndt
wyeonut thoo mken.o w