Re: Sites using webkitAudioContext only

On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 5:31 AM, Chris Wilson <cwilso@google.com> wrote:

> I don't think anyone, Chris included, thinks OfflineAudioContext is the
> right interface for "recording"; it *is* necessary (and useful) for offline
> processing, though.  I would expect that at some point we'd add a
> RecorderNode, that can start and stop recording, and ideally even have
> encoding built in.  This is pretty easy to do using a script processor
> node, though, as recorderJS shows (minus the encoding bit - yes, big WAV
> files are BIG).

MediaStreamDestinationNode can be combined with MediaRecorder to support
recording to compressed formats. We will be able to demonstrate this in
Gecko soon.

To do offline recording we'll need to allow MediaStreams to have an offline
mode, which goes beyond what's currently specced. But we'll need that for
various video editing use-cases anyway.

q“qIqfq qyqoquq qlqoqvqeq qtqhqoqsqeq qwqhqoq qlqoqvqeq qyqoquq,q qwqhqaqtq
qcqrqeqdqiqtq qiqsq qtqhqaqtq qtqoq qyqoquq?q qEqvqeqnq qsqiqnqnqeqrqsq
qlqoqvqeq qtqhqoqsqeq qwqhqoq qlqoqvqeq qtqhqeqmq.q qAqnqdq qiqfq qyqoquq
qdqoq qgqoqoqdq qtqoq qtqhqoqsqeq qwqhqoq qaqrqeq qgqoqoqdq qtqoq qyqoquq,q
qwqhqaqtq qcqrqeqdqiqtq qiqsq qtqhqaqtq qtqoq qyqoquq?q qEqvqeqnq
qsqiqnqnqeqrqsq qdqoq qtqhqaqtq.q"