Re: AudioBufferSourceNode.gain

Den 2013-05- 11:22:34 skrev Olivier Thereaux <Olivier.Thereaux@bbc.co.uk>:

> Hi Chris, all
>
> On 09/05/2013 19:24, "Chris Rogers" <crogers@google.com> wrote:
>> Unfortunately there's enough content out there using it that I cannot
>> recommend removing it from WebKit/Blink.
>
> Is the information about how many sites/apps using a given feature
> public,
> or could it be made public? I am curious about the raw numbers - the
> notion that a feature is used "a lot" is very vague and makes me slightly
> ill at ease.
>

>> One notable one is http://playcanvas.com/ which is a game library.
>
> It looks like Playcanvas is in trial mode at the moment, which would
> suggest that it doesn't yet have a massive user base.

Even if there's a massive user base, I would expect site/app authors to
constantly update the engine to the latest version, especially when the
engine is built on non-final APIs. That's the way the Web works -
deployment is cheap.

For example, I've written stuff for WebGL a year ago that does not run
well in browsers anymore (my guess is changes in GLSL translations) - if
that was a public site (or at least something that was generating traffic
or even revenue), I would have updated my code to reflect the changes in
the latest versions of the browsers.

/Marcus

--
Marcus Geelnard