Re: ScriptProcessorNode.channelCountMode should be explicit by default

On Tue, Apr 30, 2013 at 4:44 PM, Robert O'Callahan <robert@ocallahan.org>wrote:

> On Wed, May 1, 2013 at 11:41 AM, Chris Rogers <crogers@google.com> wrote:
>
>> That one is already "explicit" which should be correct.  The idea is that
>> the destination defaults to stereo explicitly.
>>

> Why is that? Shouldn't it default to whatever the UA thinks the user's
> speaker configuration is?

We had discussed this in January and you thought it would be good to "Letting
authors detect and opt into using configuration-specific mixing behavior"
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-audio/2013JanMar/0092.html

So that's why I proposed the current system where the default output is
2-channel (stereo), but can be configured by the authors to a larger number
of channels if the hardware supports it.

Chris