Re: [Audio WG] Move to GitHub?

From: Marcos Caceres <w3c@marcosc.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2012 17:46:32 +0000
To: Jussi Kalliokoski <jussi.kalliokoski@gmail.com>
Cc: Chris Wilson <cwilso@google.com>, "public-audio@w3.org" <public-audio@w3.org>

On Thursday, December 27, 2012 at 5:35 PM, Jussi Kalliokoski wrote:

> Hmm, actually the solution isn't all that good. The ID links are broken, and there seems to be a lag to updating. We'll have to think of something better, perhaps we can host some kind of a proxy (that applies the valid content-type) under W3C somehow?

For the RICG we made the "gh-pages" branch the "master" branch. And master just contains README.md.

This has the advantage that:

1. master can be basically forgotten about… it's just "another" branch, after all.
2. we can publish straight away.
3. we can add a CNAME to it with a nice URL, for example:

http://picture.responsiveimages.org
http://usecases.responsiveimages.org

That solves most of the problems with linking, slowness, and has low overhead: once you "git checkout gh-pages", you can forget about it and just keep pushing changes.

See, for example:
https://github.com/ResponsiveImagesCG/ri-usecases

--
Marcos Caceres