[Web MIDI API] send() timestamp

From: Marcos Caceres <marcos@marcosc.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2012 19:24:05 +0000
To: public-audio@w3.org
Hi,
I'm a bit confused… why does the API require a timestamp relative to some time (i.e., performance.now())? For example:

output.send(data, performance.now() + time);

It seems to me that it would be better to just let the second argument be a delay (as a high resolution timestamp):

//wait a few millis
output.send(data, millis);

The problem is that timestamps in the past always resolve to 0 (i.e., play now!), so seems kinda pointless to rely on a timestamp.  What am I missing?

--
Marcos Caceres