about the AnalyserNode

From: Jieun Oh <jieun5@ccrma.stanford.edu>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2012 15:19:42 -0800
To: public-audio@w3.org
Hello,

I am relatively new to exploring the Web Audio API, and I just joined this
list... so I apologize in advance if my questions have already been covered.

I was curious exactly what is done by the AnalyserNode in order to produce
the frequency data. For instance, what type of window is used? Is it
possible to apply zero-padding? Is it possible to specify hop-sizes?
Finally, how does the smoothingTimeConstant affect the output?

Thank you in advance for your response (and thanks for this great API!).

Best, Jieun