Re: BBC's demos of the web audio API

On Friday, December 7, 2012, 1:28:08 PM, Olivier wrote:

OT> Hello,

OT> Some of you may have seen this on twitter or on blogs (I know
OT> Jory already featured it) but I don't think it's been shared here:
OT> our team in BBC R&D has recently released demos of "Recreating the
OT> sounds of the BBC Radiophonic Workshop using the Web Audio API".

OT> We tried to link the past (the unique sound of the BBC in the
OT> 60s) and the (near!) future by recreating some of the equipment of
OT> the BBC radiophonic workshop using the web audio API.

Excellent! (big Delia Derbyshire fan).

One of my side projects is to recreate the bank of 12 Jason valve oscillators and one-octave attack-release keyboard used at the Radiophonic workshop for part of the Doctor Who theme. (As a VSTi, with sampled oscillator wavetables).

OT> The demos, complete with documented code are at:
OT> http://webaudio.prototyping.bbc.co.uk/

OT> And Chris' blog post:
OT> http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/researchanddevelopment/2012/11/audio-on-the-web---explore-the.shtml

Documentation on the B&K wobbulator is hard to come by (the model used at the workshop, that is; later models are easier).

Its great to see these demos complete with documented code.
 Co-Chair, W3C Hypertext CG