W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-audio@w3.org > October to December 2012

RE: Minutes of meeting 5th December 2012

From: Wei, James <james.wei@intel.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2012 01:38:23 +0000
To: "chris.lowis@bbc.co.uk" <chris.lowis@bbc.co.uk>, "public-audio@w3.org" <public-audio@w3.org>
Message-ID: <668CBE60026FE04AB5523C7C3CCB00F82A8B4F@SHSMSX101.ccr.corp.intel.com>
Thanks for considering the time issue of China. :) 

How about choosing two time slots and scheduling the meeting by turns? 

maybe one time slot is in the early morning of the editor and the other one is late afternoon of the editor so the editor can join the meeting and all participants can join one session and read minutes for the other one. 

Best Regards 

James 



-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Lowis [mailto:chris.lowis@bbc.co.uk] 
Sent: Thursday, December 06, 2012 2:13 AM
To: public-audio@w3.org
Subject: Minutes of meeting 5th December 2012


The minutes of the teleconference call of Wednesday 5th December are online. Thanks to Chris Lilley for taking up scribe duties.

 http://www.w3.org/2012/12/05-audio-minutes.html

A brief summary of the discussion:

- Use of RFC 2119 keywords

We had a discussion about the use of keywords and Thierry clarified a few questions Chris Rogers had.

- Testing

We had a discussion on testing, and Ehsan and Alan at Mozilla are planning to share there test harness with us. Chris Rogers pointed out that offline audio contexts are important to allow automated testing and he is aiming to get more details about that in place soon. We will discuss this further on the next call.

- Midi spec issues

We closed out issue
https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=19975 by deciding to go with Chris's suggestion of a simple single message protocol.
Everyone was in agreement and Chris will update the ticket with details.

We agreed to add some clarification to the SHOULD description of 'fingerprint', as Doug suggested that it is worth leaving the details in there to allow more time for people to comment on the issue https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=19803. Chris will add details to the ticket there.

Chris said all issues are now (almost) closed and he is attempting to get a working draft proposal out by the end of the year.

- Teleconference time

Doug informed us that there is contention for this time slot on the W3C bridge, and some participants in China who find the time slot difficult, so we may need to move the call time. He will send out more details about that shortly.


All the best,

Chris

http://www.bbc.co.uk/
This e-mail (and any attachments) is confidential and may contain personal views which are not the views of the BBC unless specifically stated.
If you have received it in error, please delete it from your system.
Do not use, copy or disclose the information in any way nor act in reliance on it and notify the sender immediately.
Please note that the BBC monitors e-mails sent or received.
Further communication will signify your consent to this.
					
Received on Thursday, 6 December 2012 01:38:54 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 19:03:14 UTC