Re: Phase offset for OscillatorNodes?

On Sat, Nov 24, 2012 at 7:01 AM, Patrick Borgeat
<patrick.borgeat@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I wonder if OscillatorNodes could have some kind of phase offset (or maybe
> I'm missing something and there is such thing?)
>
> Here's an example how the phase parameter in SuperCollider affects the
> signal:
>

> [image: Inline-Bild 3]
> [image: Inline-Bild 4]
>
> Phase offsets are pretty important for LFOs. I also use them for drum
> synthesis (to have a nice click at the beginning).
>
> A phase offset could be passed as an optional double offset=0 parameter to
> the start method of OscillatorNodes. A modulateable phase parameter could
> be interesting as well off course, but might be overkill for the Web Audio
> API.
>

> Looking forward reading your thoughts on that :-).

Hi Patrick, in addition to an optional argument as you suggest, we might
consider a .phase attribute which is an AudioParam.  We can already get
many FM effects since the .frequency attribute is pretty flexible.  But
maybe .phase as an AudioParam would also be worthwhile.

Chris