Re: Lifetime rules (section 4.2.3)

On Mon, Oct 29, 2012 at 4:16 AM, Robert O'Callahan <robert@ocallahan.org>wrote:

> In rule 3, "A connection reference which occurs if another AudioNode is
> connected to it", does that mean a connection in either direction? Or does
> it mean a node has a connection reference if it has input nodes, but it
> doesn't have a connection reference if it only has output nodes? This needs
> to be clarified.
>
> I'm not sure what the purpose of this section is. Does it affect anything
> that script could observe? Or can we describe the deletion of nodes as
> simply an optimization that UAs perform when they can prove a node is no
> longer relevant? The latter is more in the spirit of GC and other automatic
> resource management schemes; if it holds, we could just remove this section.

I'd like to get some feedback here. I don't think we should file a Bugzilla
bug for every question I or someone else has about the spec.

Jesus called them together and said, “You know that the rulers of the
Gentiles lord it over them, and their high officials exercise authority
over them. Not so with you. Instead, whoever wants to become great among
you must be your servant, and whoever wants to be first must be your
slave — just
as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his
life as a ransom for many.” [Matthew 20:25-28]