Re: Feature request and a Chrome 22 bug?

From: Joseph Berkovitz <joe@noteflight.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2012 14:02:09 -0500
Cc: public-audio@w3.org
To: Ray Bellis <ray@bellis.me.uk>
Hi Ray,

The feature request is an interesting point and it has come up before on the list:

On Oct 3, 2012, at 10:23 PM, Srikumar Karaikudi Subramanian <srikumarks@gmail.com> wrote:

> A gain node's gain parameter effectively serves as an envelope node if you feed a unity signal to the gain node. This has gotten really expressive particularly after connect() began supporting AudioParams as targets. Do you have a use case in mind that cannot be covered by such a gain node that would be covered by an envelope node?

The suggested approach in that discussion was to do exactly what you have done: create a looped BufferSourceNode with a unity signal.  It only really needs a single sample, not 1024.

Offhand I don't know why this should not work on Chrome 22 and I don't know if there is a bug or not. Perhaps one of the Google folks will chime in.

…Joe