Re: recording the output of the Web Audio API

Marcus posted this a number of weeks ago:

	http://mzl.la/R9GLQD

It is a non-realtime synth/sequencer that can generate a WAVE file. So
it's certainly possible. I'm not sure if there's a recommended method,
though.

Jory

On Fri, 7 Sep 2012 14:11:00 -0700, Matt Diamond wrote:
> Apologies for the naive question (as I'm pretty sure it must have been
> discussed already) but is there a currently available method for exporting
> the output of the Web Audio API to a downloadable file (e.g. WAV/MP3)? My
> first thought was the Media Capture/Streams API, but I'm not sure if the
> capability is there yet.
>
> Also it would be great if we could prompt the user to download a file via
> solely client-side processing, without having to stream the audio to a
> server and package the download there. Not sure if either of these are
> possible scenarios right now though.
>
> Matt

Jory K. Prum
Sound Guy

   |                       me@jory.org                         |
   | http://www.jory.org           http://studio.jory.org      |
   | PO Box 775                 |  (415) 454-7937              |
   | Fairfax, CA 94978-0775     |  (415) 342-9349 Cel          |