Re: Help needed with a sync-problem

On Fri, Aug 3, 2012 at 10:40 AM, Peter van der Noord
<peterdunord@gmail.com>wrote:

> I agree fully that it won't be what most developers want or need to do,
> the api will be used for games and site music/effects mostly, but creating
> custom nodes would be my primary focus. To be honest, the list of native
> nodes that i wanted to use has thinned out, due to some behaviours and
> implementations that were not appropriate for what i wanted. That's all
> fine by itself, but if i can't recreate them myself...
>
> I personally don't think "a lot of people won't be using custom nodes
> anyway" is a good argument for not  implement them correctly. If they add
> lag, i can't use them.

Peter, as Jussi has pointed out.  This is a sad fact of life and "not a
bug".  If you read more carefully what Jussi says, this lag/latency is not
something we can somehow fix by creating a different API.  This is the way
that a real-time audio thread interacting with a main thread (which can
have its own delays such as garbage collection) must be.  It's a law of
physics.

Chris