Re: Question about channels and merger on destination

> Thanks, i figured something like that.
>
> Does anyone know if this is the destinationnode that does this, and not the merger? as in:
> - destination sees two channels coming in, sees that one is empty, decides to put the active one over both L&R
> and not:
> - merger (with two input) sees one channel coming in, decides to make it stereo

it's the merger that does this. In your code, the merger has 2 inputs, but the number of output channels is the sum of the number of channels of the -- active -- inputs of the merger. input here means "connected to some source node", and it's consistent, since there is no way to know how many channels the input N has until some other node that provides an audio stream gets connected to it…
So, until you don't connect some other node to the second input (input 1), the output will remain mono, as long as your source node for the input 0 is mono.
To summarize, for a merger with 2 channels, the input/output configurations are:

Input0     Input1    Output
Mono    -  Mono
Mono Mono Stereo
Stereo    -   Stereo
Stereo Mono 3 channels
Stereo Stereo 4 channels

and so on… (and I sincerely hope this is correct)

> btw, what is the checkNumberOfChannelsForInput exactly?

it's the name of a method that you can find in the source code of webkit… in C++. When I have found something blurry in the Web Audio documentation, I have read the C++ code to understand things more clearly..
"Use the Source Luke" shouldn't apply here, since it is just a detail that is specific to one implementation. Still, it gets really handy.
best
Alessandro