Re: Web Audio API ambient drone

Thanks for the tip! An earlier version of this did in fact use pre-computed
noise buffers, but I felt there was a vaguely perceptible "looping" effect
because of the looping noise sample (it was a cool effect though). Another
reason was that I was presenting a version of this script at a meetup, and
felt like utilizing a JavaScriptAudioNode for real-time noise generation
would be more interesting to demonstrate... but yes, it certainly takes a
bit of a toll, and running a bunch of AudioBufferSource nodes would
probably be much less taxing.

Still, I'm pretty impressed that the API is able to handle so much, even if
it's only on higher-end machines (I'm running it on a year-old MacBook Pro).

Matt