Re: Use Cases and Requirements priorities

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your reply.

On 16 Feb 2012, at 19:07, "Chris Rogers" <crogers@google.com> wrote:

> 2) I made a detailed mapping of the 13 uses cases and 28 requirements. See e.g:
> http://www.w3.org/2011/audio/wiki/Use_Cases_and_Requirements#UC1_.E2.80.94_Related_Requirements
>

> "Dynamic Range Compression" is a subclass of a type of processing you could call "Dynamics Processing" which includes:
> * compression
> * AGC (Automatic Gain Control: a form of slowly moving compression)
> * expansion
> * noise-gating
> * ducking

Interestingly, I don't think we mentioned either expansion or ACG (although it was included in our thinking around gain control in general) so far. Are you suggesting it would make sense to group all these under "compression"?

If so, I suspect almost all the use cases would meet that requirement. Would you have 5 minutes to go through the use cases and list how the compression requirement would then apply?

Thanks,
Olivier

http://www.bbc.co.uk/