Re: Adding MIDI APIs to Audio WG Charter (was: MIDI enumeration (was: Re: getUserMedia use cases))

On Tue, Feb 7, 2012 at 4:19 AM, Jussi Kalliokoski <
jussi.kalliokoski@gmail.com> wrote:

> But Media Streams are definitely not the only use case for MIDI, hence it
> should be made available also outside Media Streams. I don't know how all
> of this would come together, especially when you keep the virtual devices
> in the picture. Needs some thought.

There probably are use-cases where it makes sense to provide MIDI-related
APIs that don't involve MediaStreams --- the ability to simply play a MIDI
resource file using an <audio> element, for example.

However, MediaStreams aren't a use-case, just an API. A use-case that
doesn't initially appear to require MediaStreams might still be elegantly
solved with them.

"If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not
in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us
our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. If we claim we have not
sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word is not in us." [1 John
1:8-10]