Re: Adding MIDI APIs to Audio WG Charter (was: MIDI enumeration (was: Re: getUserMedia use cases))

Hmm.  In a brief browse around my OSX machine, it seems it doesn't install
a GM virtual MIDI device; when I try to play a .mid, I have to download the
Quicktime 7 player.  I don't know if Windows installs a virtual device or
not?

(You make a good point - music creation programs, music scoring programs,
music training/education programs, etc. are more likely the use case for
GM, and the first two would be more likely to use the MIDI APIs than just
trying to play a .MID through an <audio>.)