From: olivier Thereaux [mailto:olivier.thereaux@bbc.co.uk]
Sent: Friday, May 25, 2012 6:45 PM
To: Robert O'Callahan; Chris Rogers
Cc: Audio Working Group
Subject: Re: Proposed clarification to our issues process

On 22 May 2012, at 11:07, Robert O'Callahan wrote:

> I hope that most of the issues raised recently can be resolved without discussion. So, personally I think it would be fine if the editor (or his delegate(s)) simply checked in a change to the spec and moved the issue directly from Raised to Closed, preferably with a link to the Mercurial changeset that resolves the issue. If the change is not acceptable then someone can reopen the issue (I assume).

Chris has already started adding mercurial change set links in issue comments, which helps greatly. Chris, can you make sure to set the issue status as "Pending Review" when you consider that the change set(s) address all concerns? I've made sure all the changesets up to now were reflected on tracker.

Our request to have status changes sent to the list automatically has been put by the w3c systems team on a backlog. In the meantime, I have started doing it by hand with the help of a little web-scraping script (attached, FYI).

Do people prefer if I send notifications on the list about each item, or would you rather receive a bulk update of all the issues which have been set as "pending review" in the past n days?