Re: Web Audio API spec review

On Wed, May 16, 2012 at 11:54 AM, Chris Wilson <cwilso@google.com> wrote:

> While I agree our evangelism has not been quite perfect in terms of
> clearly delineating experimental and early APIs, I would point out that in
> our more recent efforts (e.g. recent articles on HTML5Rocks), we've been
> purposefully improving that, and even with that admission, I would not
> characterize our past efforts as heavy evangelism for production apps.

 And it currently *IS* the only solution for audio processing in Chrome; we
> certainly hope to improve it and turn it into a cross-browser standard API,
> but we've never presented it as such that I know of.

http://www.html5rocks.com/en/tutorials/webaudio/intro/
When you present it under the W3C HTML5 logo, named "the Web Audio API",
with icons for cross-browser support, and explain how the Webkit prefix is
needed for Webkit browsers, you'd have to forgive authors for getting the
wrong idea.

Glad to hear things are improving. Anyway, it's irrelevant now.

than others?" [Matthew 5:43-47]