Re: AudioDestinationNode > 2 channels?

On Thu, Dec 1, 2011 at 4:48 AM, Gabriel Cardoso <gcardoso.w@gmail.com>wrote:

> The problem is that it's said about the AudioBuffer interface that the
> length of the PCM data should be less than a minute. "For longer
> sounds, such as music soundtracks, streaming should be used with
> the audio element andMediaElementAudioSourceNode.

By the way, the "less than a minute" is probably a bit conservative.  It's
reasonable to work with assets a bit longer than this using XHR.

> The thing is, I didn't manage to connect and control streaming sources...
> don't know if it is or will be possible or if it's not implemented yet.
> Does anyone have an idea ?

For very long sources, streaming is usually preferable.  So, I've been
working on MediaElementAudioSourceNode as my #1 project and I hope to see
it showing up in Canary builds of Chrome in the next couple of weeks.

Chris