Re: Audio API title and short name

Le 09/11/2011 17:09, Doug Schepers a écrit :
> Hi, folks-
>
> On 11/9/11 9:54 AM, Harald Alvestrand wrote:
>> On 11/08/2011 05:34 PM, Thierry MICHEL wrote:
>>> PlH,
>>>
>>> Prior to the transition request for the Audio API first draft, I would
>>> like to secure an archived record of the Domain Lead' approval of the
>>> title, and shortname.
>>>
>>> title: Audio API 1.0
>>> shortname: http://www.w3.org/TR/audio-api-1.0/
>>
>> Is it common to include version numbers in the shortname?
>> The webrtc group's API (http://www.w3.org/TR/webrtc/) did not.
>
> No, not really... how about shortname: "audioapi"?

Yes there are many WG who use version numbers in the shortname.
It allows for example to refer to the latest Audio Spec 1.0 or the
latest Audio Spec 2.0 for example.
But I am fine without it if you want it the other way.

>>> A draft is now available in group space at
>>> http://www.w3.org/2011/audio/drafts/1WD/
>
> Looks good, Thierry.
>
> I do have a few small suggestions:
>
> * since we are doing the somewhat unusual practice of publishing two
> different proposals concurrently, we should have a statement about how
> we plan to resolve the issue, how people should review the proposals,
> and perhaps other details like implementation status; I'd also like to
> see a more comparative description, since the two proposal descriptions
> are apples and oranges.

Yes I fully agree to that, it was also my feeling. Could you draft
something ?

> * there's a strange style rule that reduces the paragraph margins and
> makes it harder to read:
>
> li, p {
> margin-bottom: 0.3em;
> margin-top: 0.3em;
> }

Removed

> Could we get rid of that for <p>?

done for p and li

> * we acknowledge public-audio@w3.org, which is good... we should also
> acknowledge the former Incubator group public-xg-audio@w3.org.

I am not sure what you request here. public-audio@w3.org is listed to
send feedback. You want that for public-xg-audio@w3.org ?  but this XG
isn't closed.

> * the acknowledgments are marked non-normative, but actually, the whole
> introduction is non-normative.

I have added section 2 and acknowledgments as

"This section is informative."