Re: Audio API title and short name

Hi, folks-

> On 11/08/2011 05:34 PM, Thierry MICHEL wrote:
>> PlH,
>>
>> Prior to the transition request for the Audio API first draft, I would
>> like to secure an archived record of the Domain Lead' approval of the
>> title, and shortname.
>>
>> title: Audio API 1.0
>> shortname: http://www.w3.org/TR/audio-api-1.0/
>
> Is it common to include version numbers in the shortname?
> The webrtc group's API (http://www.w3.org/TR/webrtc/) did not.

No, not really... how about shortname: "audioapi"?

>> A draft is now available in group space at
>> http://www.w3.org/2011/audio/drafts/1WD/

Looks good, Thierry.

I do have a few small suggestions:

* since we are doing the somewhat unusual practice of publishing two
different proposals concurrently, we should have a statement about how
we plan to resolve the issue, how people should review the proposals,
and perhaps other details like implementation status; I'd also like to
see a more comparative description, since the two proposal descriptions
are apples and oranges.

* there's a strange style rule that reduces the paragraph margins and
makes it harder to read:

li, p {
     margin-bottom: 0.3em;
     margin-top: 0.3em;
}

Could we get rid of that for <p>?

* we acknowledge public-audio@w3.org, which is good... we should also
acknowledge the former Incubator group public-xg-audio@w3.org.

* the acknowledgments are marked non-normative, but actually, the whole
introduction is non-normative.

Regards-
-Doug Schepers
W3C Developer Relations
Project Coordinator, SVG, WebApps, Touch Events, and Audio WGs