From: Greg Jellin<mailto:greg@gregjellin.com>
Sent: Friday, September 17, 2021 11:22 AM
To: public-aria@w3.org<mailto:public-aria@w3.org>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Add Carousel role to ARIA spec?

[You don't often get email from greg@gregjellin.com. Learn why this is important at http://aka.ms/LearnAboutSenderIdentification.]

I'm not sure if this is the appropriate place to post this, but I've
been encountering more and more carousels in the wild. There are
infinite implementations and few are very accessible. I was thinking
that it is high-time to create a new role="carousel" (or similar) so
that screen reader software can adequately instruct users how to
navigate. I have more thoughts on this, but would like to start the
discussion. Is there a better place to bring this up?

Greg