Re: wai-aria specification and bootstrap framework

Hi Germano,

I don’t know about interacting Javascript files with bootstrap framework to make widget, you called “control” in your email, be accessible.

If you are looking for accessible treeview or list view coding example, ARIA Authoring Practice Guide(APG) provides separate Css, JS, and Html file examples.

These files are not bundled to be downloaded as zip file because the primary goal of ARIA APG is informing/guiding developers and accessibility professionals to learn about how to author ARIA rather than let them download and use the code right away.

Here are Tree view and list box examples under ARIA APG in case these are helpful.

  1.  Listbox: https://w3c.github.io/aria-practices/#Listbox

  *   Scrollable Listbox Example<https://w3c.github.io/aria-practices/examples/listbox/listbox-scrollable.html>: Single-select listbox that scrolls to reveal more options, similar to HTML select with size attribute greater than one.
  *   Example Listboxes with Rearrangeable Options<https://w3c.github.io/aria-practices/examples/listbox/listbox-rearrangeable.html>: Examples of both single-select and multi-select listboxes with accompanying toolbars where options can be added, moved, and removed.
  *   Listbox Example with Grouped Options<https://w3c.github.io/aria-practices/examples/listbox/listbox-grouped.html>: Single-select listbox with grouped options, similar to an HTML select with optgroup children.

  1.  Treeview: https://w3c.github.io/aria-practices/#TreeView

  *   File Directory Treeview Example Using Computed Properties<https://w3c.github.io/aria-practices/examples/treeview/treeview-1/treeview-1a.html>: A file selector tree that demonstrates browser support for automatically computing aria-level, aria-posinset and aria-setsize based on DOM structure.
  *   File Directory Treeview Example Using Declared Properties<https://w3c.github.io/aria-practices/examples/treeview/treeview-1/treeview-1b.html>: A file selector tree that demonstrates how to explicitly define values for aria-level, aria-posinset and aria-setsize.
  *   Navigation Treeview Example<https://w3c.github.io/aria-practices/examples/treeview/treeview-navigation.html>: A tree that provides navigation to a set of web pages and demonstrates browser support for automatically computing aria-level, aria-posinset and aria-setsize based on DOM structure.

Best,

JaEun Jemma Ku, PhD
Assistant Director of Digital Accessibility
Coeditor of W3C ARIA APG<https://w3c.github.io/aria-practices/>

Office for Access and Equity
University of Illinois Chicago
Email: jku@uic.edu<mailto:jku@uic.edu>

Pronouns: she/her/hers

Under the Illinois Freedom of Information Act any written communication to or from university employees regarding university business is a public record and may be subject to public disclosure.